Registration: Fall 2008 African Drumming Class at the Hooked On Drums Studio
On This Page:
Registration & Class Structure
Saturday Morning Beginning Class: 10-11:30 am
Starts September 20, 2008 — 6 weeks
$120/adults, $90/youth 13-17 years old
Registration & Class Structure:
- You must register by mail, phone or e-mail by Friday, September 19, so we know how many people to expect. You can either mail in your full tuition in advance, or bring cash or a check made payable to James Banks on the first day of your class. If the class is canceled for any reason, we'll refund any tuition you've paid in advance.
- We'll need a minimum of 5 students so everyone can experience the interplay of the voices in the djembe orchestra--all 3 bass drums interacting with several djembes.
- Returning CDP Students: If we are teaching a rhythm you've studied with us before, you may be eligible for a discount. Contact us for details.
- The Woodshed is very thorough, with lots of time devoted to learning each aspect of the music. You can miss one or two weeks and still have a complete learning experience, but if your schedule won't allow you to make three or more classes, you should wait for the next set of Woodsheds.
- We don't pro-rate or give credit for missed classes, but if you know ahead of time that you'll be absent, let us know, and we can tape the class for you.
- If you don't own a djembe, or if you own a synthetic drum, we have an authentic, wood-and-goat-skin djembe for you to use in class.
- Lastly, please help us practice our art form and profession as teachers by encouraging your friends to take the Woodsheds rather than giving them the instruction, notes or tapes yourself. We appreciate it!
The Hooked On Drums Studio
Upstairs in Room 211 at Kennicott Park
44th & S. Lake Park Ave.
(Kenwood neighborhood, South Side, Chicago
Kenwood is the next neighborhood north of Hyde Park on the South Side, near the Lake. From Lake Shore Drive:
- Exit at 47th St.
- Take 47th west under the Metra rail tracks to Lake Park (about 2 blocks from Lake Shore Drive).
- Turn right (north) onto Lake Park.
- Take Lake Park north to Kennicott Park (4434 S. Lake Park). Kennicott is on your left (west side of the street).
FALL 2008 DJEMBE WOODSHED CLASSES
PRINT OUT OR CUT/PASTE THIS FORM TO REGISTER BY U.S. MAIL, E-MAIL OR PHONE, NO LATER THAN THE DAY BEFORE YOUR CLASS STARTS.
BY E-MAIL: THIS IS NOT AN ONLINE FORM. Just send the information below in an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your registration will be confirmed by e-mail or phone.
Sign me up for the Saturday Morning Beginning Djembe Woodshed starting 9/20/08. (Check one:)
___Enclosed is my tuition payment of $120 ($90 for youth 13-17) made payable to James Banks.
___I'll bring $120 ($90 for youth 13-17) to the first Woodshed class.
PARENT'S NAME (IF APPLICABLE)
KENNICOTT WOODSHED DESCRIPTION | ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS AND THE CHICAGO DJEMBE PROJECT | MORE INFO ON DJEMBE WOODSHED WORKSHOPS